Purpose of Job: To provide support, promote and manage the commercial interests of operations for the Garth, Integra and Oakwood brands focused on the intensive livestock pig sector.
Reporting To: Director (Garth)
Responsible For: Commercial Manager
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Key duties and responsibilities
- Developing and implementing commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Conducting market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion opportunities and business development such as alternate products etc.)
- On-going analysis of European markets to establish changes and updates relating to industry legislation and advancements
- Understanding the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Work alongside internal and external marketing professionals to enhance the continued promotion and growth of the practice
- Agree and negotiate commercial terms and competitive pricing within Client Contracts
- Building strong internal and external professional networks through on-going networking within the Pig and Pharma industry
- Regularly attend internal and externally run day and evening farmers meetings with a view to promoting:
- Garth and the vetPartner services
- In-house training courses
- Practice price changes
- Pharma relationship:
- Management of procurement activities within clinical constraints
- On-going communication with Procurement Officer within vetPartner
- Client liaison on all new products
- On-going investment in Pharma development through on-going client meets and CPD
- On-going liaison with relevant publications such as Pig World
- On-going involvement with industry bodies such as AHDB, Red Tractor, RSPCA, QMS etc.
- Collaboration with industry bodies supporting relevant research and funding such as Tail Tech/ innovations UK.
- Managing and supporting the Commercial Manager to maintain the mechanics of the pricing system, dispensary operations and wholesale dealer licence.
- Manage the integration of Oakwood and Integra within Garth
- Please note the successful post holder will be required to travel throughout the UK and potentially Europe (Driver’s licence required)
- Previous experience and knowledge of the Pig industry
- Evidence of recent achievement and success in a senior management and leadership role (desired).
- Experience of designing and leading change management processes with evidenced outcomes.
- Experience of translating political direction into action, and a clear understanding of the relevance of strong governance, financial and performance management.
- Keen political awareness, and experience of and confidence in operating at the political / management interface.
- Experience of commercial service development.
- Evidence of strong commercial skills aligned to performance and financial targets.
- Degree or relevant professional or management qualification (desired).
- Related professional qualification / membership of professional body (commercial, sales and marketing or business) or equivalent experience.
Key Competencies/Behavioral Characteristics
- Ability to see projects through to successful completion
- Ability to manage and meet competing deadlines and deliver required outcomes
- Ability to develop and maintain a customer focused “can do” approach for the delivery of all services
- Identify opportunities and have ‘vision’.
- Be able to inspire, develop & motivate internal and external customers and clients.
- Empower and enable staff.
- Be able to build and use relationships inside and outside the organisation.
- Highly developed influencing and engagement skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Be able to negotiate effectively. Shows initiative and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Hands on in nature, pragmatic in approach and happy to get involved in the detail where necessary.
- Strongly commercial in orientation with a business development or sales and marketing bias.
- Evidence of embedding a commercial, client-focused approach in all business processes and activities.
- A track record of development of business opportunities leading to positive financial outcomes.
- Understanding of procurement best practice.
- Ability to communicate across a range of levels of understanding.
Personal Qualities and Attributes
- Commitment to “excellent performance” for self and whole team.
- Results oriented.
- Openness and honesty.
- Personal resilience.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Probity and integrity.
- Fairness and consistency.
Closing date: 28th September 2018
To apply, please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com.